As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
When it comes to my outdoor space, I always think about creating an intimate area that is also secluded. Privacy is especially important with little ones running around. As a mother, I want to ensure the safety and well-being of my 5-year-old when we are outdoors as a family.
There are many ways to establish privacy in your space and one of those is by using an outdoor privacy screen, such as this wicker one from Amazon .
These screens can help a large space become more intimate and private without having to implement too much change to your area. A privacy screen allows you to enjoy your outdoor living space to the fullest potential! Where your home attaches to another one, large or small areas can all benefit from dividers.
When looking for your outdoor privacy screen, you will find multiple options. There are many types of materials such as composite, wicker, fiber and even some that have dual functions. You will need to decide what type of look, feel and functionality you want in your privacy screen. Once you know what you want, then it is time to research the different options out there. However, this article has done some of the work for you. Below you will find reviews on 4 different outdoor privacy screens that you can choose from for your life.
Allen and Roth Outdoor Privacy Screen
First, we have the composite privacy screen from Allen + Roth by Lowe’s.
This screen gives you a modern twist on a classic piece. The Allen Roth privacy screen provides you with no only a functional piece, but a piece that is pretty and will add character to your space. With its black frame and symmetrical design, you will absolutely fall in love with this item for your outdoor space. While this piece is no longer available through Lowe’s, there are plenty of other options out there to choose from.
The other options we are going to discuss that compare well to the Allen Roth privacy screen are great alternatives. These privacy screens provide color options, multiple styles, and extra functionality. The three screens below are items that allow you to enjoy your outdoor space and carry your style throughout your space.
Wicker Room Divider
You are guaranteed privacy with this tightly woven pattern. The item is a solid, flat panel with no folds or bends it in and resembles a moveable wall. Each color is unique and can go with any type of décor.
From my point of view, it looks very classy. Judge for yourself:
Specifications of the divider:
- Provides versatility with multiple colors and sizes
- Can be purchased as a 4ft x 4ft or 4ft x 6ft screen
- Color options are: brown, black, tan and white
- The wicker is resin, therefore ensuring it will be repellent to water and stand up better over time
- Due to the build of this screen, it is not a heavy item and easily moveable as needed
Pros of the wicker room divider are:
- The assembly for this screen is easy even for those of us who are not mechanically inclined
- The item matches the pictures perfectly and is very attractive in person
- Multiple screens can be used together to create a mini wall where needed
Cons of the wicker room divider are:
- The cost is higher than similar items
- While it being lightweight is a great plus, it can be difficult if you live in a windy area
Oriental Dark Brown Divider
With its multi-fold appearance, this screen resembles your traditional privacy screen. The tightly woven cross weave ensures your privacy, but also looks pretty. The dark brown color shows in the link is clean and no fuss. Multiple décor styles and any outdoor space will accommodate this screen.
Here are the specifications of the divider:
- This item comes in multiple sizes and colors
- 7 color options to choose from for the 4ft screen: dark mocha, red/black, black, white, light green, cream and dark beige
- 3 or 4 panels are available to meet your needs: 6ft x 17.5in wide or 4ft x 17.5in wide
- With a well-made vinyl material, this item stands up to all weather conditions
Pros of the oriental divider are:
- The item provides full privacy as it is taller than most
- By using multiple screens, you can create a private area to change by the pool
- Is pretty and matches patio furniture that is out there to add to your outdoor space
Cons of the oriental divider are:
- Due to its light weight, the divider can blow over in the wind
- Somewhat pricey compared to similar screens out there
This screen reminds me of a set of giant plantation shutters. It comes in a beautiful brown color that is not too dark and would fit in well by your garden or patio. This item has a beautiful light brown and off white mosaic stained glass panel at the top of each section as well. Gorgeous views are a definite with this screen as the planter boxes can be seen from both sides.
The specifications of the screen are following:
- Dual functions – this screen provides not only privacy but some planters for your flowers as well
- This item is made from cedar lumber and will be sturdy to stand up to wind and the elements
- It is very easy to assemble as well due to everything being pre-done for you and easy to read instructions. Fully assembled the screen is: 62in x 18in x 66in
Pros of the garden screen are:
- Cedar provides that delicious and distinct smell upon opening the item
- It is sturdy and well made
- Not only is the item beautiful, but it provides a great deal of privacy as well
Cons of the garden screen are:
- No way to drain water from the actual planters
- While the assembly is not difficult, it is somewhat time-consuming
So, as you can see while the Allen + Roth outdoor privacy screen by Lowe’s is no longer available, there are still some great options out there.
Depending on where you live and what your needs are, there is a screen available for you. If you live in a sunny climate like I do in California, any of these screens would work well for you. However, if you are in a windy area the garden screen may be the best one for you.
Remember, your outdoor space is an extension of your home and should reflect your style while also being functional.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
Last update on 2021-07-15 at 15:33 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API